FanMix August 28, 2022 4030
(Updated: September 27, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is possibly the most ambitious edit out of the 30 or so that I've seen so far, and it really does succeed massively across the board. The music is so good at changing the mood of the movie, and mixed with the visual editing it makes the shots go from "funny, quirky reality tv show" to "nightmarish dystopia." I felt like I was watching a really cool Twilight Zone episode. It was that good.

NOW, just to be clear, this did not detract from my enjoyment(!) but someone else mentioned a few moments where the camera didn't narratively fit the theme. I've noted a few here, just for reference: (9:43) overhead view of a boat, (17:33) conversation with Mom, (31:46) panning, zooming camera that should have been black + white, (46:12) the camera couldn't exist from that angle, etc.
I want to make sure you don't take this the wrong way, because this is entirely subjective from my point of view. Just reviewing as an outside viewer who was slightly confused once in a while :)

That aside, this is such a great idea executed well! One of the coolest edits I've seen here, and will certainly inspire me to up my own game! Well done!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments