Hot
FanMix September 13, 2017 17581
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I respect the hell out of what you've done here with this project. The pacing and editing and the flow of intertwining these two movies was excellent and outstanding. I think everyone should check this out.

This edit sits in a similar place for me as Wraith's: Split Unbreakable Glass.

You both took what was a pretty solid movie(s), and spliced it with a movie that wasn't as good, in an attempt to create a film that was greater than the sum of its parts. Both of these were extremely creative, and were executed to perfection.

However, similar to my feelings about SUG, I am currently undecided as to whether I felt the better half of the source materials (Prometheus in this case) were improved within this edit. I certainly think you did something extraordinary with it here, but I personally really liked Prometheus, despite its flaws. On the other hand, like almost everybody else, I thought Covenant was pretty.....not good, with a few redeeming qualities (most of which involved David). I can't say that I DIDN'T like this edit, because I did! I only have to say that I really liked Prometheus, and while this edit certainly improved Covenant, that movie just had far too many garbage scenes (like locking your friend in a room to contain a potential contagion despite the fact that you have blood from the host all over your face) and so I felt that Prometheus was diminished slightly as a result of being tied to Covenant more than it already was.

That being said, I'm glad I watched this, and I recommend it to anyone who likes the Alien franchise (or sci-fi) and I'd like to thank Job for getting me a link, and Wakeupkeo for pointing me in this direction!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Top 500 Reviewer 27 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments