TV-to-Movie April 05, 2011 20333
(Updated: February 04, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I like the idea to use parts of the final episode of season 2 for the Bob reveal scene at the Roadhouse, but in the end I don't feel like it worked properly. I'll probably do an edit of this fanedit just for myself where I shuffle or add a few things, but the fact that I even plan to watch this again in the first place is already high praise.
Considering the amount of story to be condensed, the pacing was also perfect. The only minor gripe I'd have is that it ended very abruptly after Leland's death. There's a scene of the cast talking about Bob outside the police station after the reveal, which I might have used to ease out the end.
I absolutely love the series but with most fanedits I watch them out of curiosity and then never again. This definately won't be my standard way of watching the show, but maybe if I just want to rush through it. Either way, phenomenal work.

That much about the editorial part, now on to the technical: stunning.
There was a single shot in part 2 that wasn't cropped right at 2:14:34 where you can see the cropped frame move at the beginning of the shot. That is pretty much the only "mistake" in the visual editing and that is a fantastic quota for a 5h project that was entirely cropped from 4:3 to 16:9.
In the audio editing there wasn't any point that stood out to me like that, but there was an overall trend to have the music just a tad louder than the dialog which could be irritating at points but damn this is a technically amazing edit.

I suppose there's not much to add to the mountain of reviews so I'll just say I agree with most positive ones.
9/10

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments