Special Projects January 02, 2024 746
(Updated: January 15, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This fanedit was sort of significant to me in that it was the first pure fantasy movie I've watched since my dad died in January 2020. We both enjoyed sci-fi but fantasy was more his thing, and he always enjoyed it when I downloaded extended editions for him. Army of Darkness Primitive Screwhead Edition and Big Trouble In Little China Fully Engorged were his favorites. I've watched plenty of sci-fi since then, but haven't downloaded or watched any fantasy, though I inherited several fantasy Blu-rays, with The Neverending Story among them.
So I decided to give this fanedit a whirl when I saw it, and I did not regret it. The edits are seamless, the part where the list of edits warns ahead of time about AI voice cloning seems perfectly natural to me, and overall, it feels like it could be an actual extended cut released on Blu-ray. Perhaps for the 40th anniversary, which just happens to be this year!
The only quibble I have is about the sound. The dialogue seems to be coming out of the right speaker much of the time. I don't know if that's an artifact of the source material (I haven't watched the original Blu-ray in years and never on a 5.1 system) or of the editing process, so I only docked one star for that. All-in-all, this is a dang near perfect edit.

EDIT: The updated version fixes the audio channel issues. This is now one of the most perfect fanedits I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a few even though I've only posted one or two reviews. Seriously, two good, big, strong thumbs up!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply January 14, 2024

Delighted that you enjoyed the edit, even with the audio issues. Found that the soundtrack was exported with the wrong setting and have corrected this, uploading fixed version now.

D
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
January 07, 2024
Man, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad too a long time ago when I was 19 and I still have hard time watching Goodfellas, Godfather, The Untouchables, etc. Good luck to you, and I hope you keep watching fantasy in his honor.
J
jasonflippy
1 results - showing 1 - 1