9.0 13 10
FanMix May 26, 2015 7213
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

It's been a while since I watched this but I remember it was INSTANTLY miles above the original Oliver Stone version. It's interesting how when I found out Tarantino wrote NBK I was surprised Oliver Stone made it and not QT himself. At the time Tarantino was just starting out with writing scripts so he didn't have the clout to make a movie yet-- hence why Natural Born Killers and True Romance were written by Tarantino but directed by Oliver Stone and Tony Scott respectively.

But I digress. Seeing Natural Born Killers: The Tarantino Cut was like a breath of fresh air. Whereas the Oliver Stone theatrical version was enjoyable but not much of a repeat viewing movie (read: too insane to put on again), this visual and music re-edit gives it that Tarantino funktacular style that is more stimulating to the senses, engaging, and all out fun.

Furthermore, let me just personally thank thecuddlyninja for ditching the sitcom scenes, the bizarre Indian, the wedding scene, the cartoony and demonic stuff, and all that other stupid Oliver Stone over-the-top crap that made the movie seem like it was trying a bit too hard to be insane. We get it, Oliver, it was the 90s and you were still on A LOT of drugs, but jeez. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE a bunch Oliver Stone movies like Platoon, Wall Street, JFK, and Nixon. But NBK was meant to be a Quentin Tarantino movie. Thanks to thecuddlyninja it now is!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments