Special Projects November 10, 2023 682
(Updated: November 29, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Very well done. This movie is a favorite for me and my wife. While the musical numbers have always been kind of jarring, switching from Audrey to an obvious studio dubover, perfect musical numbers are not as critical to this movie as they are in other musicals of the time. Since Rex Harrison gets to leave his singing in the film, it was pretty unfair that Audrey got the dub. So this is a perfect concept, well executed.
Audrey's singing is not as pitch-perfect, but it is authentic. And that authenticity works well when she breaks into song. She is competent enough to merit her own recording.
It is a shame that this edit needed to be done, as the studio could have produced much higher quality authentic tracks with Audrey singing if they had been so inclined. The sources for this edit are not perfect, and there is some crackling, static, and a general difference in tonal quality when the tracks come in. But this does not detract from the enjoyment at all. Audrey's voice is a critical element to My Fair Lady, and hearing it throughout the songs is a marked improvement to the movie.
The video source uses the latest remastered print, so of course it looks as stunning as you've ever seen it, and I believe the video has been left untouched for this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
A
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments