FanFix December 01, 2022 1292
(Updated: September 25, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Great great cut overall. I loved the extra scenes throughout, especially the execution of the two soldiers where Commodus stands between them. It really highlighted both his confidence in his rule and his insanity. In fact all the changes around Commodus are for the better, really toning down his ridiculous behavior and making him a much scarier threat.

Moving the murder of the Emperor to the flashback at in the sword/statue scene was very good, especially because the scene ends with him hugging the statue the same way he murdered his father.

It's been a while since I've seen it but I think you extended the scenes of political espionage before Maximus attempts to escape? If so very well selected scenes, and it really added some intelligence to the film.

Overall each change you made improved the story, and I can't even say for certain that I noticed all of them. Great work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 23, 2023
Wow. Thank you. I never thought of Gladiator needing an edit. But going back to watching it many years later I was shocked at how pushy the storytelling was.
K
krausfadr
1 results - showing 1 - 1