FanFix November 19, 2021 24961
(Updated: June 02, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was my first foray into Fan Edits in general, and I'm glad it was such an excellent one to better compare with others. I think the narrative choices and colour corrections were great! It seemed like an impossible task removing the White Council, but it doesn't feel too odd that Gandalf kept leaving the party for mysterious reasons.

My only gripe is the Intermission. With the goal of meshing this edition with the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions, it shouldn't have an intermission and it feels jarring. I edited the intermission out myself for future viewings, and it doesn't feel too bad at all. Maybe adding a scene of day turning into night would make it better?

Overall this edit is great, and it's my go-to when re-watching the series.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 04, 2023

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. I added the intermission due to popular request so I'm with you even though I do like it now. My preferred way of watching is the ISO version which instead just has two parts split onto separate discs like LOTR without an intermission. It was unfortunately too jarring to do any type of day to night sequence though

Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments