lonestarrpete_front
FanMix July 25, 2023 1000
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The main goal of this edit was pretty much achieved! The new score adds a lot to the experience. It departs from the original soundtrack, which was closer to John William’s work, and brings a new perspective to Spaceball. I liked it. But there’s a lot of it in this edit and maybe a bit too much? I feel like I heard 1984 Dune’s Main Theme over and over. Or maybe there are variations on the same theme, I don’t remember Dune’s soundtrack enough to know for sure. But anyway, music seems always on…
On the side of the editing of the movie, I don’t miss anything that was cut. It all flows well and some of the goofier stuff was removed. 8 years-old-me would have been sad, but present-day-me thinks it’s a good thing. Again this all makes this comedy a bit more serious but satisfyingly less goofy.
The aspect ratio was changed from 1.85:1 to 2.35:1 by cropping a lot from the bottom of the image. I generally like this trend of giving a more cinematic look, but in this case it feels too extreme. There was no reframing done to the image, leaving some visual elements partially chopped up and a bit annoying from time to time.
I mostly enjoyed watching this edit but it won’t replace the original. I recommend it only if you love 1984 Dune’s OST and hated the scene when President Skroob got his head teleported backwards…

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments