Review Detail

9.6 16 10
FanFix June 20, 2012 8110
(Updated: September 16, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by T-HOPE — April 6, 2011 @ 10:57 am

I saw this fanedit yesterday.

I just loved the added quick shot of the decapitated priest, taken from the infamous promo card. Well done!

It has been a while since the original, and I’m really tempted to watch that one now also to compare to this cut. However, since it’s been a while, it’s hard to compare. But I can say 2 things:

1) This is an exciting fanedit. I watched it with pleasure, and I loved the extra stuff that I noticed and remembered compared to the official Exorcist 3 movie (for example the decapitated priest).

2) I now understand why the studio wanted an exorcism. The original way, Kinderman just shooting father Karras/Gemini Killer, is not a big pay off. It doesn’t have a big impact or doesn’t feel like big finale. It’s just a simple ending. This way, it feels more unrelated to the original Exorcist. It feels more like a (supernatural?) thriller instead of a horror movie. Which was probably the intention Blatty wanted it to be. Now again, I must say that’s it’s been a long time ago since I watched the official Exorcist 3 movie, so I will have to watch that one again to do a decent compare to this fanedit.

Too bad we probably never get the real director’s cut as fthe footage has been lost (according to the movie studio), but this fanedit gives us a glimpse at what could have been. It’s a good effort. Right now I would rate it 8/10. Might change to 9/10 after I have seen the official Exorst 3 movie again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments