FanMix March 31, 2018 3837
(Updated: April 02, 2018)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched a preview version of this awhile back which I know needed 1 or 2 small alterations so scores are based on the assumption these were fixed.

So here we have La La Land with all the dancing removed, it begs the question as to whether the movie could hold up without it. While I didn't think La La Land deserved the huge amount of praise it recieved I did like it and I am pleased to say this dancless edition works well too. Its very well edited and I think it actually could fool someone who had no idea what type of movie La La Land is into thinking it was just an indie jazz infused romantic drama. The finale in particular did an excellent job of side-stepping the song and dance routine. Video and audio were excellent in the version I watched and all the dancing scenes were removed seamlessy.

With the omission of the dance scenes it does highlight the fairly superficial nature and lack of drama in the rest of the film but it cuts the movie down to around 90 mins so while it is dramatically very light it never outstays its welcome, Emma Stone is always a delight to watch in anything

Overall a fine first edit and I eagerly await the dance free version of Breakdance the Movie.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments