Review Detail

9.5 18 10
FanFix June 20, 2012 3817
(Updated: August 30, 2012)
Enjoyment

November 29, 2011

I’ve had the honor of previewing this before it was released and I must say from the start that I hadn’t seen the original movie.

Everything flowed well – I’d be hard pressed to point out what had been taken out. So I can only review based on my appreciation of this version, and not on the positive changes that were made from the original.

Fans of hard boiled type stories will enjoy this. The movies Payback and Sin City immediately sprang to mind while watching this. Arguably it could have been made even better if filmed in black and white but the editor chose to stay in color. Probably a wise choice considering this would not convert well if artificially done.

Good acting, powerful dialog had me hooked; I was explained what the differences were with the original and although I’ve never seen it (even if I own it) I agree with the editor’s choices. As a fan of hard boiled stories, I agree with the changes.

All in all, if you’re looking for a solid story with good actors, excellent dialog and an edge that you won’t necessarely find in what’s being offered today, then this fanedit’s for you. Not science-fiction or horror as there are so many on this site but a solid entry into the great world of fanediting and its potential.

8/10
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments