kangquantum_front
FanFix September 09, 2023 1602
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a very solid edit. The editor turned what I felt was a mediocre/okay movie into a good one.

I should note I watched this edit by mirroring my laptop to my television because for reasons unknown to me the video file was incompatible with my TV. Thankfully, the video quality remained quite sharp and the audio was spot on. There were no noticeable issues there. I did note some minor instances of where there were cuts of dialogue. Would a casual or first-time viewer notice those cuts? Probably not. I watched the edit knowing in advance what to expect, which I regret. I should have came in blind to maximize my viewing pleasure.

Like other reviews stated, the rearranging of scenes, particularly the new opening (and even title of the movie), were all solid changes to help setup a better tone for the movie. The editor really excelled at removing 2 characters from the movie. I knew they were removed in advance, and I was looking to see if that caused the narrative to become disjointed. I did not notice anybody was missing, and all credit to the editor here.

My biggest and only gripe with the edit was the heartbeat portion. It did not resonate with me. I felt it disrupted the tension instead of amplifying it. It came off as forced and unnatural. Perhaps heavy breathing sounds would have been a better fit.

This edit turns this movie into a fun and enjoyable experience that is good for all ages with the removal of sexual references. I do not have a problem with adult material, but really unecessary in a Marvel movie that appeals to children. Overall, the edit made this a good movie, but I would not call it great given the limitations of the material the editor had to work with. Making it into a good movie is all one could ask for.

I want to thank tremault for sharing her edit with me. I recommend others to give it a shot as this is definitely one to rewatch in the future.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments