FanFix June 18, 2022 4116
(Updated: July 29, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'd dare call this the most original take on the Justice League movie yet! Most edits predominantly go "full Snyder" or "full Whedon" but this one takes both and interweaves them to create a more balanced take on the story.

Visual it's as good as can be. Looked great on my 60 inch TV. There were only a few times where the Snyder footage was clear to see compared to Whedon footage due to the darker palate. Audio-wise, only one needle drop's fadeout didn't quite work (the one on Themyscira), but the others worked well, ESPECIALLY "You're the Best" during the fight to the plant. Once I understood that Bob was purposefully pulling back the sound effects to let the music take front and center, I applauded this stylistic choice. I think my biggest gripe is that either Snyder or Whedon, they both were so serious that introducing rock-infused music took me out of it, but that is not on Bob, but more on just HEAVY material. The John Williams/Hans Zimmer mixed Superman theme is used to perfection in Superman's transition from a serious and rejected hero to a hopeful and more happy one. His resurrection felt like it brought him to where we'd like to see him.

Narrative.....I can't believe how much was cut and got us to the team getting together in like an hour. WOW! I could barely tell you what was missing. It just came together in a much better pace and so well! What Snyder did in 4.5 hours, Bob was able to do in a little over 2 and it never felt rushed. There was ample time to breathe and Victor Stone was still able to be the "heart" of the movie.

Enjoyment.....I like what Bob went for! On a personal taste note, I just didn't like Whedon's additional humor. My biggest gripe was that The Flash was very annoying and still is to me. That being said, I was saddened that the only scene he has that I like is the turning back time scene from the Snyder Cut was not included, though I understand that narratively that may not have been possible.

With all of the other cuts out there that do their own thing with the footage, I highly suggest you check out Bob's completely original take as it embraces the version of the characters that he loves so dearly and it shows in the fun time he has created in this edit!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments