jlspence_front
FanFix September 21, 2021 7370
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I agree with Spence's assertion that the ZSJL original version was overly long and bloated. The sequel set-ups were also very distracting considering the minuscule chance of them ever been followed-up on. Because of that, I ultimately considered that version merely ok. Spence deftly cuts through the fat to deliver an engaging and fast-paced cut without losing any of the story or the core of the main characters (refering to Cyborg and Flash).

I'm no editing or fan edit expert, but during the viewing I never saw the seams of the edits. Scenes flowed naturally from one to another. One minor quibble, the closing credits still list actors that do not appear in this Edit (like Jared Leto or Jesse Eisenberg).

I still have issues with Justice League, but those are linked to creative choices that cannot be modified (amongts them the underuse of Aquaman and some questionnable line reads from the cast). However, Spence has offered us film fans a massively improved alternative to both official versions of Justice League. For that I am thankful.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
M
Top 500 Reviewer 7 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments