8.4 22 10
FanFix August 08, 2012 10582
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I grew up watching Bond on ABC Saturday night movies. So when I heard Connery was coming back as Bond I was incredibly excited, and me and my friends went to see it the first weekend. It was...Ok. Over the years the flaws of "Never Say Never Again" have become much more clear to me, not the least of which is it never SOUNDED like a bond movie. The cheesy theme song and odd jazz-riffs were out of place. And the director clearly had some cheeky moments he was WAY too attached to.

Yet within is a real Bond movie, and this edit brings it out in force. From the first PROPER through-the-barrel shot I was back in Bond-land. All the music hit perfectly. Fight scenes that inexplicably had NO music before now have tunes I recognize. The fight and chase scenes are tightened, and the overall pacing is much improved.

Never Say Never Again is now a movie I can enjoy on its own merits, without apologizing for it! My only request is could we get a better quality video? A couple of the scenes darken quite a bit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments