Review Detail

8.4 22 10
FanFix August 08, 2012 10561
(Updated: September 12, 2012)
Enjoyment

May 10, 2010

WOW.
Well done. Bloody Brilliant, even! The idea of bringing this ugly duckling of a Bond film back into the fold is a fantastic one, and accomplished brilliantly. Much MUCH more enjoyable this way than the original. I also applaud the new titles and credit themes used, but first and foremost, the use of other Bond music throughout the film. Blofeld’s Cat did a great job synching audio cuts to scenes. That said, I can’t say I agree with his music choices; As much as I love David Arnold as John Barry’s successor, his music feels out of place in a Sean Connery Bond flick. Likewise some of the other cuts, such as cuts from Live and Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, and The Living Daylights to name a few. John Barry is THE Connery/Bond composer. Other than that, I had no real problems with the film editing itself, except that the motorcycle chase scene seemed a bit rushed to me. And, were there no shots of anyone/thing entering the water in the original? The missiles when they were hijacked, and Bond/Domino on the horse jumping out of the castle? Were there not shots of splashdown in either case?

But seriously, I’m being nit-picky. All in all, a first-rate effort. I certainly had less gripes about this version than any version of a “Bond Movie” starring Daniel Craig. Puh-lease. A blond, goofy-looking muscle-bound Bond? It’s obvious who’s controlling the property now.

Anyhew, Brilliant job, Blofeld’s Cat. 9/10. Loved it.
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments