jbdelamo_front
FanFix June 25, 2023 1165
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A fresh, streamlined take on Tarantino's Jackie Brown.

Full disclosure: I was involved in the review and approval process for this edit.

AUDIO/VIDEO

I watched the larger 10GB file. To my eyes, the image matches the bluray very well. Focus is soft and the blacks are somewhat challenged in the early bar scene, but this is true of the original as well. I've skimmed the smaller 3GB file and it presents very fair compromise for those who want something smaller.

VISUAL EDITING

The cuts are seamless, and the bespoke title card is integrated very well.

AUDIO EDITING

The edit features new music in several pivotal scenes. While it doesn't match the original's style, it is nonetheless effective, and becomes even more so on repeat viewings. The added/replaced SFX are effective and generally not noticed (good!).

NARRATIVE

The editor has done some interesting things with the titular "Del Amo Heist". While I'm on the fence about whether the rejig is more effective than the original, I will say the results fully achieve the editor's goal.

The removal of some superfluous scenes with with Louis are very much appreciated, though I found myself missing a key early scene with Ordell and Beaumont.

ENJOYMENT

Jackie Brown is among my favourites of Tarantino's work and I really enjoyed this two hour take on it.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments