FanFix January 01, 2023 2944
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

OUT OF THIS WORLD.

futon88 has managed to take what I regard as one of the best sci-fi movie in years and tightening it up, removed the one annoying thing in it (the silly conflict elements) and has elevated it to my top 10 all time sci-fi movies in the process.

The technicals here are first rate (so need for a detailed breakdown) and futon88's attention to detail in the placement of Simon and Garfunkle, David Grusin and more are pure magic and enhance rather than swamp the storytelling. There are genuine moment of satisfaction when viewing this.

I will declare that I was one of a number that previewed and comented on this movie prior to release but futon88 is their own person in this regard. Only things they wanted to do are in the edit and it is stronger and purer in its vision for it. If I had any issues with this fanedit, I would voice them here (of that you CAN be sure).

I was blown away the first time I saw it and remain impressed on subsequent viewings. I won't go into detail regarding the music enhancements since part of the joy is hearing and seeing them for the first time. THEY JUST WORK! Lord knows there are many edits which shoehorn in music which doesnt fit, is too loud (or quiet) and just become a distraction. not so here. In fact, they were very concerned NOT to interfere with Zimmers work.

Further, the micro cust to dialogue enhance rather than diminish the narrative. One is drawn in all the more for it!

Do not be put of by some of the theatrical versions sense of plodding; this moves along at an appropriate pace which has both urgency when required and is sedate when sorely needed.

BRAVO and welcome to the community!

Highly recommended!
Owner's reply February 19, 2023

Wraith, you sell yourself short! The creative decisions might have been mostly my own, but it was your wealth of experience and deft guidance that allowed me to polish those musical moments just-so. I'm in your debt.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments