indycrystalfox_front
FanFix September 17, 2023 1528
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I issues with this movie are well known. Most people have the same complaints. The jungle chase/fight, the CGI, etc. Like many people, I basically enjoy this movie... until they hit the jungle. It falls apart from that point. Of course, there are issues before that point, but I find myself generally onboard until then.

This edit does a really good job in cleaning the movie up and adjusting the sequences and tone to make it feel so much more like a "real" Indiana Jones movie. For the most part, I didn't feel manipulated as I watched this cut, which a great sign of the technical ability of the edit. The only bit I really noticed was when the truck goes off the cliff (in the jungle chase) and lands on the ground. That said, I realize there is only so much that can be done. But aside from that, I thought it was very well done.

Bottom line, I really enjoyed watching this. I felt like I was watching a true sequel in the series (not the case with the actual movie). That is the biggest compliment I can give. When I watch the series this is how I will watch Crystal Skull.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments