Extended Edition September 19, 2013 14356
(Updated: July 29, 2015)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The Incredible Hulk has long been the ugly step-child of the MCU. The triumvirate of the MCU is Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Each of these will have three solo movies in the can before even a glimmer of a second Hulk film is realized.

Part of the reason is that TIH was designed to "fix" some of the aspects of Ang Lee's earlier Hulk film -- and in that regard much of the cerebral and character building aspects of the Banner character were chopped out, leaving behind a film with lots of HULK SMASH but not so much story.

Tomahawk does an amazing job fixing this in his EE. Working off the Norton script structure, he recasts the film as perhaps Leterrier and Norton originally envisioned it, and the result is nothing short of miraculous. Tomahawk's version is now my go-to version for watching this film. I have the theatrical release, but it stays forever on my shelf. Tomahawk's edit adds back the depth of character that is required for a Hulk film -- without which, you're just left with a giant green rage-monster, which honestly gets boring quick. You need the character and backstory to make the Hulk compelling.

Editing-wise, the video editing is flawless. However, on the audio side the music is sometimes too loud, obscuring dialog. The edit is only available in SD, which honestly looks just fine on my 55" Samsung, but an HD version would be nice.

If you're a Hulk fan, or an MCU fan, get this now. This is the Hulk film to watch.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments