8.0 2 10
FanMix February 21, 2019 4059
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm a big fan of Civil War, it's my #5 Marvel film, and I have nothing against The Incredible Hulk, it's an average movie, the plot drags a little at some point, but it's about what I expected it to be when I saw it.

I was really interested in this edit as I thought it was a cool "What If..." scenario to see what would happen if Hulk was in Civil War. The beginning was really cool, merging the locations of the Civil War/Incredible Hulk openings was really smart. The Iron Man 2 integration with Black Widow was also really neat.

However, besides these two things, the narrative was a total mess in my opinion. It didn't feel like I was watching a "What If..." scenario, it felt like I was watching The Incredible Hulk, being interrupted by Civil War and Iron Man 2. There was practically no plot connection, besides 'on-the-run' action and General/Secretary Ross.

I'm not trying to be rude, and I could understand why it may seem like I am, by giving two one-star reviews...I think it's a really cool concept, and the technical elements of this edit were all great. But the narrative was all over the place to me, and I did not enjoy it.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply September 01, 2019

Sorry to read that this edit was'nt for you, but I thank you for praising the technical aspects as well as some of the earlier sequences, that to me is some comfort and shows the whole thing wasn't a total waste of time. I think on reflection the parlael plotlines could have worked better as a short, as the longer it went, what passed for the plot thinned considerably. Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review even if it was a critical one.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments