FanFix October 09, 2022 2529
(Updated: February 26, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a deeply welcome surprise. I had never heart of the Netflix movie "Kate" (2021) so, WakeupKeo's idea of lightly filing away her given name, switching in Birds of Prey footage seamlessly with the flashbacks to her past REALLY did make this feel authentic. Likewise, it was watching Mary Elizabeth Winstead (who just goes from strength to strength) apply all that training and physicality she employed as Huntress in what feels like a continuity of character. The only reason I've left one star off enjoyment is because this is such a sad tale, soaked in regret that time has run out. It's a 10 for engagement, but the subtraction for "enjoyment" signifies a bitter-sweetness, which is frankly, to me, BETTER. It means that like Leon (which this felt rather like) it will stay with me. Meanwhile my wife also wasn't aware of the movie's existence and only worked out it was a fanedit about halfway through, when she realised there were no references to anything DC-related outside the flashbacks. Now THAT takes some skill and subtlety. Bravo!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 8 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments