FanFix October 09, 2022 2534
(Updated: January 05, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a very tight and impressive clean-up of "Kate," and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The original was fun the first time but it lacked emotion, there were some strange choices, and it dragged just a little too long. This time through I swear I almost cried when she drank that damn soda. Good for her.

The one visual editing instance was at 1:06:26 where Kijima's subtitle says "...are a dishonored killer." but he doesn't say anything before that. It seems to cut in halfway through a sentence of his.

The one narrative issue for me was at the end when Ani goes from sitting at the board room table to being held prisoner, and she also goes from so mad at Kate that she shoots her to being really excited that Kate is coming to save her. I think cutting right from 1:08:47 to 1:09:13 will make it seem like Varrick and Ani have just been in the board room the whole time and also keep Ani's emotional responses consistent.

Other than that, this is a really really great cut. I enjoyed this so much more than the original. Excellent work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments