huntressdoa_front
FanFix October 09, 2022 2514
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First of all, thank you Wakeupkeo for putting my name in the special thanks, that's for sure very nice of you!

Kate was a good action flick and a refreshing movie, but it was forgettable, like a lot. Hard to say, but it's very difficult for movies today to exist outside big franchises. Fortunately, thanks to Wakepkeo, a movie that I watched only once and forgot, turned out to be a must-see every time I'm doing a DCEU marathon for nearly a year now. Kate and Huntress shares multiples characters traits, outside being played by the same actress, they are both lonely and isolated, distant in nature with deep rage issues, trained since childhood to become killing machines. The parallel between the two becomes crystal clear due to the perfectly incrusted flashback sequences from Birds of Prey that link the two films. But more than that, Wakeupkeo enriches the DCEU by fleshing out the no-name "savior" character from BoP and introducing the SPYRAL agency. It's a nearly perfect edit that gives a tragic and beautiful conclusion to an underrated DCEU character, just for that it deserves your attention, but you need to watch Birds of Prey first.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments