hobbit5edits_front
FanFix November 06, 2021 17678
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is one of several edits I've seen of the trilogy, like Mr Bones I love comparing and enjoying the various interpretations of this story from M4, from Wraith, From Spence, From Adam Dens, Dustin Lee & others.

The episodic format is very well put together, making each chunk of the story complete with it's own themes and narrative.

The decision to leave out the handing over of the Arkenstone and have us the audience discover that at the same time as Thorin, brilliant! One of my favourite elements of the edit!

The BOFA is wonderfully put together, I love the inclusion of Adam Dens edits in the charge of the dwarves vs orcs, and the inclusion of Spences sword throw during the Ravenhill part of the fight.

The only complaints I have are really down to personal preference; I like the Dol Gul Dor storyline and the white council, so wished you had included that! I thought that the prologue should be used at the end, with Old Bilbo and Frodo acting as a bridge to Fellowship of the Ring.

But I have to give you top marks for this edit! It was wonderfully entertaining and a huge narrative improvement over the theatrical cuts of the movies.

God Bless and thank you for your passion in creating this

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments