hobbit5edits_front
FanFix November 06, 2021 17685
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

So this is the first Hobbit fan edit I've seen. Overall it's very good. I'm not really one to compare the edits vs the original (or the book for that matter) and I mostly just base everything on the "enjoyment" factor. I would say I enjoyed all 5 episodes very much.
I'm not sure yet if I liked 5 bite-sized episodes. It seemed like I was watching a mini series. I watched the first 2 episodes on a Saturday night, the next 2 episodes Sunday night, and the last episode the following Saturday.
Losing Radagast and most of Legolas is indeed the best lol.
I do think that shortening everything and editing this way made the whole story much easier to follow.
However, I think the origin story of how the dwarves lost their home to Smaug is quite important to be shown first thing. If someone who has not seen the original trilogy watched this, s/he would have no idea why suddenly a bunch of dwarves barged into Bilbo's home. I suppose this would really be putting the audience in Bilbo's perspective. In any case, who am I to judge becuase as far as I know, most fan edits also removed the origin story and just let it unfold itself later.
There were some glitches in the audio but Stromboli told me he was aware and fixed it.
Thank you Stromboli for my very awesome first fan edit!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
A
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments