highlander2show_front
FanFix February 17, 2024 696
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Fantastic edit and clearly a labour of love. Brilliant effort bringing together a variety of sources to produce the highest image quality possible. That said, there are relatively frequent dips in visual quality. Not a knock on Robulon who has clearly done they best they can with the material available.
Naratively, things flow better than in any of the other releases so far. Like others, I also chuckeld at the title '500 years ago...in the future'.
The new song choices are integrated seamlessly and definitely an improvement,
Overall the colour regrade is handled very well. The main exceptions are scenes that feature fire - the shift in reds cause any visible fires to clip out giving an unnatural appearence. I know from first hand experience what a pig fire can be to regrade but I wonder if some carefully applied power windows might make this less noticable.
The other scene where the regrade is a bit distracting is during the car chase sequence. A victim of the day for night shooting technique used, it still stands out a bit.

Overall, a much superior way to enjoy the film compared to any of the previous releases.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
N
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments