highlander2show_front
FanFix February 17, 2024 660
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As a massive Highlander fan, I had a great time with this edit!
It's been some years since I've seen the Renegade cut, and even more since I've seen the theatrical cut, so I can't pinpoint any specific story changes (other than saying I think that having Connor and Ramirez be from the future instead of the past is a really smart way to salvage the entire Zeist segment).
I did not notice any visual or audio faults in the editing.
I think the color correcting was great and never once stuck out to me, and the scene order made for very good pacing. I believe the beginning of the film was where you rearranged the most stuff (correct me if I'm wrong), and it's within those first 15 minutes that I stopped sitting at the front of my chair and started to sink in and get comfortable, which is something I pay attention to for not just fanedits, but films in general.
This is one of those edits I had to go back to the cutlist just to see what was changed, and then was shocked to see how much you made specifically for this edit. I did not notice any AI generated dialog used for Katana, so bravo there. I did not realize the newspaper was your FX, so bravo there as well. I honestly didn't even realize some shots were lower quality and upscaled (aside from Cobalt entering the Shield).

But most importantly, the music!!! Every Queen addition was perfect and puts this cut in a tier above every other cut.

It may be a bit premature to say, as I've only watched this once, but this will likely be my go-to version for whenever I want to watch Highlander 2. And I'm a huge Highlander fan, so it happens more than you'd think!

Much in the same way the Renegade Cut turned the film from atrocious to tolerable, I'd say this edit turns a tolerable film into a fairly decent 90s sci-fi action film.
T
Top 500 Reviewer 24 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments