High Tension Minus One Edit
But that did not seem to be enough for the director, maybe because he is too French to just follow a superficial storyline. So he constructed a plot twist, turning our maiden hero to the killer, which was… shocking, because it did not make any sense at all (were there two cars, when did Marie start making things up, what about the video camera in the filling station, how could she be so strong, where did the weapons come from, what was real after all????). Our edition contains no plot twist. Marie isn’t the killer and of course you never ever suspect her to be one. She tries to save her girlfriend, goes after the killer, beats him to death and that was just too much for her to take, she ends up in hospital.
- English subtitles
- 3 deleted scenes
- Animated menus
- Scene Selection Menus
- Cover and Disk Art
- added new starting credits
- removed the telephone call in the filling station with the police
- added the cut telephone wires scene from the house (mirrored, strectched and recoloured)
- removed the killer dropping the bullets scene
- removed the entire ending sequence starting after Marie beats the killer
- added the hospital scene from the beginning and part of the hospital scene from the end
This was a very enjoyable edit. Changing the ending completely fixed it for me.
January 13, 2010
This was a very nice and enjoyable edit.
It was a little bit slow to start, compared to the original, but of course this edit makes alot more sense and therefore more enjoyable.
There was one slight technical problem though. Near the end, at the 1:08:35 mark, the audio changed to French on the English audio track.
It’s only one or two lines of dialogue though, but I did have the subtitles on, so no biggie.
November 27, 2009
The ending was a bit rushed, but removing the god-awful twist is a gift of the Gods. Thank you for this wonderful horror movie.