FanFix June 30, 2023 1144
(Updated: November 29, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I definitely recommend this edit to all Bond fans. First and foremost, the audio editing is perfect. There's no issues there. That is the first thing I look for in an edit. Nothing ruins a fan edit faster than jarring cuts or bad transitions and they are no where to be found here. Great job. Trimming the movie to 90 minutes was another thing I appreciated. Let's keep the focus on Bond. The way the trims were made with the scenes now used as flashbacks in black and white was just great work. Really great stuff. I was impressed. My only criticism would be the choice made at the end of the film. I knocked off ONE POINT in the narrative & enjoyment score because the new ending didn't quite work for ME although the execution was great as usual. I feel a little guilty doing it because the NEW ENDING was the entire point of the edit. I think the editor accomplished everything they were trying to accomplish. This edit is exactly as advertised. CHECK IT OUT! This is essential viewing for fans of 007.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply January 28, 2024

This edit is on point. I understand the ending is either love or hate, but you seemed to enjoy the new flow and that is cool. The atmosphere of the film I love so much, but it was so bloated before. I'm happy you like it so :)

P
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments