9.7 26 10
(Updated: February 27, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The only time I’ve watched Crystal Skull was at the cinema - I thought it was *okay* but fairly disappointing compared to the originals, like they decided to go for Temple of Doom over-the-top silliness instead of emulating the better movies.

Watching this fanedit was a revelation - it’s like a *proper* Indy film now :) All the bits that creased my forehead in the cinema have now been seamlessly excised and the film feels very much more like the originals now. I’ve bought the disk to slide in next to my trilogy set, but it will be there just for show - this is the version I’ll be watching in the future!

In conjunction with lapis molari’s “Willie Scott” edit of Temple of Doom, this will be my preferred way of watching the Indy films.

I watched the fan edit on my Quest 2 VR headset via the Skybox app, which lets me watch films on a (virtual) full-sized cinema screen. The edit looked superb on the big screen and I couldn’t “see the joins” as it where - the film flowed well from start to finish.

Excellent work by DonkeyKonga - many thanks for your edit!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 05, 2023

Thank you so much for the kind words! That's amazing that you watched it in VR in a virtual cinema! The things technology can do these days is just nonsensical.

Glad you couldn't spot the difference or cuts! This truly was a work of passion for me so reading these reviews warms my heart. We all deserve a proper Indy 4!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments