9.7 26 10
(Updated: December 26, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit wound up being a somewhat odd viewing experience for me, since I couldn't help but mentally compare it to njvc's edit "Raiders of the Lost Skull" more than the theatrical edition of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

My overall impression is that it feels like a sort of halfway point between "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and "Raiders of the Lost Skull", being better than the former but not as good as the latter. As far as I can recall, "Raiders of the Lost Skull" makes all of the improvements that this edit does (other than removing references to Mutt being Indy's son), as well as quite a few more. However, I did like that this edit kept Mac yelling "You don't know him!", a line that I find funny but which was cut in njvc's edit.

In my opinion, the tweaks to the nuclear bomb scene still don't save it. Indy still appears far too close to the bomb to survive, and even the shortened version of the flying through the air and flipping around looks like something that would seriously injure if not kill him.

The video quality was good overall, with good grain detail and color. The audio also sounded good, and the new song at the beginning was a nice touch.

EDIT: DonkeyKonga has since made an updated version of the edit that removes an editing glitch that I mentioned in an earlier version of this review.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 22, 2022

Thanks for pointing out that frame. Damn I could have sworn I had found them all.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments