(Updated: January 06, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Update 6-1-2023:
The editor made some changes and tweaks on the edit and I rewatched it yesterday. It's a very good edit, It brings out the Indy-spirit of the first three movies and makes the story a whole lot better and watchable. It's become a really streamlined edit. I adjusted my scoring.

Original review:
I knew there was a better movie somewhere in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
It's just bloated with this trying to be funny humor and scenes that add nothing but distract only from the story.

This edit achieves something great. It successfully debloats the movie. It gets rid of a lot of the sillyness and keeps just about the right amount of humor
It makes the movie tighter and concentrates on the story.
It's more in line with the other Indy movies.

It's not without some faults, but that's mainly because cutting stuff away doesn't always make for the best transistions. Though, the cuts and transistions are executed very well. For example, the removal of Mutt swinging in the jungle. It's only slightly jarring, but I couldn't have done the transistion any better and all things considered, it works, it keeps the pace going instead of slowing it down and the transition moment is quickly forgotten. It doesn't take you out of the movie, and that's the whole point.

I also noticed a small drop of audio in the beginning right before Indy guesses where Irina is from. (but this small error has been corrected by the editor)

That being said, I enjoyed a lot of the choices made in this fanedit. I had a very good evening, enjoying the Crystal Skull more than I ever did before. Thank you.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 05, 2022

I found the audio hiccup you mentioned! Thanks so much, Can't believe it slipped my test viewing!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments