9.6 8 10
FanFix October 07, 2017 7479
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As always Andreas has brought us a refreshing new take on the Harry Potter franchise. Believe me when I say the man is at his best with this edit. I love both his take on Philosopher's Stone, pardon I mean Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets but with this one he really trimmed a lot of fat while still retaining the excitement of each task and impact of the finale.

I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and have watched the movies and read the books numerous times but the editing was so flawless he managed to sneak the Ron and Harry fight being taken out passed me. Honestly forgot it was even in the theatrical release. The silly comedic moments never really bothered me that much in the original releases but it is nice to have the fat trimmed here and this is almost certainly now my preferred version of the film. Also a lot of nice little score changes that I really, really enjoyed.

One small, small nitpick is that the arriving of the other 2 schools was a little sudden but I don't think you deserve a point off narrative for that though because my opinion might change after a second viewing.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
F
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments