jjpotter_hp4_front
Extended Edition November 26, 2017 11847
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has always been my absolute least favorite HP film. It strayed the furthest from the books, had flat characters, and failed to properly achieve its world building. The inclusion of the deleted material may not completely solve these narrative problems, but it's a massive improvement over the theatrical release. Radcliffe's oddly flat performance in the theatrical release is given room to breathe and shine with the additional material added in. As always, the audio and video quality of the edits are seamless and wonderful. It goes without saying that this is the go-to version for this movie in my household. Highly recommended.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
December 25, 2019
Interesting....I've always thought Prisoner of Azkaban strayed the farthest from the books. Rearranged the layout of the world, pretended Quidditch was a sidenote to Harry, eliminated all the backstory of Harry's parents, Snape and all their crew, skipped all the scenes that would explain a patronus or divination or many other magical aspects. It was about 2/5 of the story of the book, leaving following movies with the burden of explaining things that should've already been setup for them. Goblet of Fire suffers from that a lot, particularly in having to jettison the big Quidditch subplot....
M
mnkykungfu
1 results - showing 1 - 1