halloween_doctorscut_front
FanMix July 03, 2022 3214
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As someone who did a similar Halloween 1+2 film concept and has seen many other incarnations of this specific fan mix, Jnisch has made the best I've seen. The cuts are logical. The Hi-def footage of Carpenter's tv footage is not something I thought I'd ever see, and it showcases the power of that scene and its seamless integration into Halloween. The pacing is solid and the transition between the two films is seamless without losing the catharsis of the theme music playing at that moment when Michael is gone. It's tough to not lose momentum by the time you get to part 2 and this edit cuts through the fat. Congrats on getting approved. Well deserved! My only suggestion would be a little less security guard. Never liked that execution of that sequence much and think it goes on too long in the original H2 so a fanmix especially could spare it imo. I like the idea of the opening being in black and white, gives it kind of a Psycho vibe, though the editing is more modern. Works best for those who know the original. Volume is a bit in the red which is fine just be careful with headphones. Like I said this is my favorite of the H1 + H2 edits I've seen.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
F
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments