(Updated: January 20, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

feb 25 2012

Firstly I want to state that I absolutely hate Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies. I was intrigued by steFANedit’s Halloween II edit but didn’t spoil anything before I watched it.

Throughout the movie I could tell that some scenes were cut or trimmed, but didn’t remember what was there before. (And I didn’t feel like going through my copy of Halloween II to check the differences.)

Then I came to the new ending. I won’t spoil anything, but I’ll say that it’s fascinating. After finishing the edit I read steFANedit’s intention and think that he almost pulled it off. The only problem with the ending (mild SPOILERS) is the title card description of Dissociative Identity Disorder. I felt that if it had ended on the newspaper clipping “Suddenly, it’s going to dawn on you” it would have been a much stronger ending. Maybe it’s because I don’t like to be spoon-fed data about the plot and characters at the very end of the movie (see: LA Confidential).

Other than that, it was a good edit. Unfortunately, the movie itself still sucks. And I don’t think I’ll ever watch either version again. This is not the fault of steFANedit, but factors in to the Entertainment value of the edit.

EDITED REVIEW: Upped Enjoyment to 8.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments