Review Detail

9.7 14 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

It had been a while since I had seen the original and this was a great way to rewatch. For an edit like this, I think the best compliment that you can give is that you didn't notice any edits. And I would totally say that about this edit but for the fact that the editor decided to add text to the bottom right corner of the screen ("EXT", "ALT", etc.) every time an edit was made. This is more jarring than a harsh cut - there's nothing better to pull the audience out of the narrative and be reminded that they're watching an edit and text flashing on the screen to indicate that. If this was an option that you could enable like subtitles, I think it would be a really great feature, but it isn't. It's a shame becuase the editing really is flawless otherwise. Well, almost. At 1:44:01 a flash frame of a screen saying "No Data" comes across. It's clear and obvious and really should have been spotted during editor review and fixed before release.

Other than that, I loved everything about this edit, including the removal of the QTVO. Recommended, despite the issues, for fans of the original.
Owner's reply January 14, 2024

The issues you noted kindly, have all been coreected and fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
(Updated: March 11, 2024) March 11, 2024
I hope they update there score for you Wraith! This edit is fantastic!
I
inightmares
1 results - showing 1 - 1