bladerunnergoodguy_front
FanFix August 07, 2021 4605
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

TLDR: Some Blade Runner fans might not like it, but IMO this is the best version, full stop.

It's been a hot minute since I've seen the original or any fanedit for that matter. It was nice to watch the story with a fresh eye. From a technical/editing standpoint, I always look at it from a "did anything take me out of the film" point of view and I'm happy to say no.

Furthermore and in that regard, it's what is truly great about this fanedit. The tightness and precision really drives the story.
Now all visual and audio cues make you focus on the story in front of you. I actually noticed little things I hadn't before or at least I payed more attention to them. No voice over, no dates, no dream, etc. This is the right way to tell the story. It's a detective story after all and part of what makes it fun is detecting.

It's all there to drive the story, to explain the world and the characters, all without spoon feeding you like the theatrical cut did. It's a less is more approach that this kind of story and film thrive on. You watch it once and are blown away, then you come back and soak up the little things more and more.

Anyway, that's my two cent take on this fanedit. Thank you Wakeupkeo for your great fanedits and looking forward to watching more.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 11, 2023
Yeah this is one of my favorite versions. I've always found that I like certain aspects of 5 different versions, so I decided to make my own edit with all the best pieces. Wakeupkeo did such a great job on this, he's been such an inspiration for me.
T
trancelot
1 results - showing 1 - 1