Review Detail

9.4 22 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

You did it, you frigging did it! I always KNEW there was a decent movie in there somewhere, and this edit proves it once and for all. I wanted to love this movie so badly when I saw it in the theater, but the awful jokes and quips just absolutely ruined the experience. The most disappointing thing was knowing that if you cut a bunch of things, there really was a solid movie hidden underneath. I was so sure of it that I was actually considering getting into making a fan edit of my own. Thank god for you though, you handled it much better than I ever would have.

To be clear, this edit fixes EVERYTHING I had an issue with regarding the theatrical cut. The pervy jokes are all gone, the terrible dialogue has been trimmed, and we're treated to an atmosphere that much more aligns with the movie's predecessor. Aside from the jokes, there are two PAINFUL parts that I am so glad this cut finally eliminates. The first is Emma's embarrassingly expositional speech regarding why she's gone bad. My god, I wanted to walk out of the theater watching that special piece of cringe. The second (and this brought a tear of happiness to my eye) was the removal of her "Long live the king" line before her death. All I can say is THANK YOU for erasing this from the film.

The only small criticism I can lend is at one point there was a slightly awkward audio/music transition, for a like a second. That's about it.

This is the ONLY way this film should be experienced. You've taken a 3/10 film and made it a 9/10. This is the sequel I had hoped for ever since it was announced, and now I have zero issues telling anyone I am a fan of this universe once more.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply January 28, 2024

Wow, thank you for all your thoughts on this. Glad I could make this thing enjoyable. The original truly is hard/impossible to watch.

S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments