gotredeemed_front
FanFix December 08, 2021 9737
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was an extremely enjoyable edit and definitely a great way to rewatch the series. Personally, I didn't hate the way Daenarys turned evil in the original series, but the decision to remove that storyline does really work well. Flipping the timeline between the large battles and placing the battle against the Night King and White Walkers at the end of the series was definitely the right decision and just works much better than the show. Less Euron, fewer Tyrion jokes and removing the Bran as king ending are all just excellent edits.

I don't have many negative things to say about the edit, only a couple minor things but they don't bog down the final product. Episode 3 ends with Jon and Daenarys outside of Dragonstone during the day, then we cut to Bran's vision and Jon wakes up in a cold sweat at the end of the night. It was a bit disorienting to have that quick jump and the vision might have fit better to start episode 4, but just my personal opinion. Fast-travel was mostly fixed but not 100%. This isn't the editor's fault, you're bound by the source material. The trip North of the wall was a bit fast but the most jarring sequence was the final episode where Jon and Daenarys are in King's Landing, burning the throne, then it jumps back to Winterfell and they're travelling north of the wall. Felt a little bit disjointed but it's still a very satisfying ending.

All in all, great decision making went into this edit and it really made the final two seasons more enjoyable. It's a must watch and a job well done.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
W
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments