fullmetalbrother_front
Extended Edition April 09, 2023 1425
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched episodes 1-10 and this project looks great!

From what I’ve read on the anime-planet “watching guide”, that served as the inspiration for this, the new episodes seem to be following the original manga story. I’m always down to improved viewing experiences, or in this case, the combination of some episodes from FMA with others from FMAB, to achieve that goal.

From episode 5 onwards, more “continuity fixes” were needed to correct for the altered timeline, and these must have been quite laborious to achieve, congrats to the editor. I didn’t notice any continuity errors.

Audio and video looked great. The cuts were perfectly executed. The occasional switch from FMA to FMAB scenes was marginally noticeable, but there was definitely a lot of work here, particularly the image colors, in order to “smooth” the transition.
I also liked the episode titles; they are simple but look good.

Overall, if fans of the original work want to refresh their memories and rewatch, this is shaping to be the best way to do it. Also, for people not familiar with it, this edit should be a good way to experience the anime for the first time.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments