9.7 17 10
(Updated: July 30, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Okay I have to take a moment and ask @eldusto84 HOW DID YOU DO THIS? It's absolutely incredible. I loved Dunkirk and Darkest Hour as their own films, but I'm stunned how much better they worked as a merged up movie. Cutting out the outside-of-politics Churchill scenes were a little tough given their purpose and great acting in Darkest Hour... but the decision totally works in the context of this WWII focused film. The quality of acting is seamlessly top notch from the direction Joe Wright (Darkest Hour) and Christopher Nolan (Dunkirk), working hand in hand with the movies merged up. The editing is sleek with no apparent visual or audio issues. And as noted in a previous review this is now my go-to edit for the Dunkirk story, rather than watch two different movies covering the event. Great job!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
July 30, 2020
I think you'll find Chris Nolan directed Dunkirk :)
L
last-impressions
July 30, 2020
In reply to an earlier comment

YOU'RE RIGHT!! D'OH!! I was mixing that up with 1917!!. Editing it now :)
K
kobeskywalker
July 30, 2020
In reply to an earlier comment

just me nitpicking :) The edit is an absolutely amazing achievement .I have a preference for the B&W version and the ending is top notch. I've just ordered a 2 disc black amaray case so i can have this on the shelf.
L
last-impressions
3 results - showing 1 - 3