9.3 9 10
Shorts February 24, 2014 4908
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A work with infinite meanings is effectively meaningless. The creation of meaningless things is pointless, unless such a thing is also useful. This video is neither. Please don't waste your time with it.

I will concede that this edit is technically impressive, although that's largely beside the point.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
May 31, 2023
I think if the creator learned something through the process, the end result is not pointless. And I think if even a single viewer of the work learned something or enjoyed experiencing it, it also was not pointless. It was useful.

A 10 star rating system provides us with a lot of granularity in how we rate the category, and if a score of "1" was verboten, it wouldn't be an option, but I've never seen a 1/10 for enjoyment before (admittedly, I'm still working my way through the reviews). To me, a 1/10 for enjoyment would suggest you were actively harmed by the experience. I'm not discounting that possibility, and I think it's fair to use 1/10 to wave people off if there are dangers within, but a "meh" 18 minute video doesn't fit that scenario, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to suggest you make any changes, but I thought I owed you an explanation for my red "thumbs down" on your review.
F
futon88
1 results - showing 1 - 1