FanFix July 04, 2022 2734
(Updated: April 15, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First things first, this is definitely an improvement over the original Eternals and it is certainly worth checking out -- though it was not what I was expecting at all! Now onto my few quibbles... I love the idea of the different stages, but I found the title cards to be a little distracting, as I thought there were too many of them and they were not spread out evenly throughout the film. I think three stages would have sufficed and could have been used to mark each main act in the movie. Still on the subject of narrative, I believe there is a continuity mistake when someone appears to know about a character's powers, but is later told about this and acts surprised, There were also some issues with the music. While for the most part, it added to the film and made it seem like it belonged in the MCU, there was one action sequence in particular that felt more like a music video than an actual movie, as the song just seemed to go on and on and on. At the other end of the spectrum, there's a very mellow scene near the start of the film where the sound of a harp was included and this sounded more like something out of Final Fantasy than what should probably be in a Marvel movie. Other than these issues though, I thoroughly enjoyed this edit and my partner and I both agreed that it was a lot easier to follow than the original film. In fact, this is the edit's greatest strength, as the chronological sequencing of events makes for a much more enjoyable and far less brain-straining experience. I do recommend it!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments