elseworlds_front
TV-to-Movie October 07, 2022 2379
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Bionic Bob delivers on this 3 part tv Arrowverse crossover.
The video was great, all visuals remained clear throughout.
The audio was clear for the most part, except for one small part and this may have been done by the original tv audio. Some of the early audio when they arrive in Gotham City felt a bit low in my audio equipment (of course, my audio equipment is a 10 plus year 5.1 home theatre in a box, so make of that what you will). It's only a minor nitpick. Everything else felt clear. No channel reversals detected. Characters talking were always understood, sound fx always had just the right omph.
The edit itself was well done. I did not feel like I was missing anything. No strange hard cuts, every shot naturally moved on from the previous one. Not having watched the originals in 5 years, I could not remember when everyone was introduced as the story progressed, but if the main 3 (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl) introductions changed compared to the original tv edit, in this edit, they were always introduced at the right time. While I initially thought that some subplots should be removed, like Arrow & Felicity having relationship issues, their meeting up later on justified keeping that in. Good eye on that. If corny jokes were removed, I did not detect it. Thank you though, for keeping the corniest joke when the Grant Gustin really really hams it up. That joke was just too good and had to be kept in.
One final positive item: my wife, who is not a superhero fan, watched this with me and her reaction was also very positive, so the edit succeeded in not only getting fans to appreciate this, but also non fans.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments