elseworlds_front
TV-to-Movie October 07, 2022 2402
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Bob does it again! Always love his distilled take on the Arrowverse & this was no different. No creeping "Special Guest Star" credits this time, & the deleted scenes added really help seed the idea of the third act twist this special brings (especially since the recaps are cut). The only bits that felt off to me were the removal of Frost & Alex's banter (Frost now refers to a conversation that doesn't exist) & the lack of an overt teasing of the upcoming crisis before the credits roll.

I think the latter could've been mitigated if, after Oliver & Barry toast, we fade into the time vault, replay the v.o. of the Monitor saying the universe is a complex machine, & then see Crisis pushed up by a few years. That sets up the need to prepare for the crisis, & plays into Oliver's line about savoring time because you never know how much of it you'll have.

Besides that, great edit. I am waiting on baited breath for Bob's COIE Trilogy, especially since one part is being made essentially out of whole cloth. Can't wait!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments