Review Detail

8.0 20 10
FanFix August 05, 2012 4486
(Updated: September 02, 2012)
Enjoyment

February 7, 2011

As Omaru1982 states, most of the in-depth technical overview has already been covered above and I have to say I couldn’t agree more that what Wraith has done here is create “the” version of Indy IV which I will now be watching and recommending to friends.

I remember when seeing it at the cinema and being so disappointed with needless silly CGI praire-dogs, Ants, shia le biouf swinging through the trees like tarzan, dodgy lines of dialogue, and the whole horrible CGI heavy ending which has the aliens actually lift off into outer space. I thought I would never see the movie again I was that disappointed.

However, after reading lots of positives about Wraith’s version, once it became available on DVD format I downloaded it and gave it a view. Suddenly the movie not only feels tighter, but more like a bona-fide Indiana Jones movie that almost stands tall with the other 3 films in the serious. Almost, but hey, you can only improve what was a barely average film so much.

The cuts are very smooth and the choices made are basically perfect. Thank you so much Wraith for giving us the “true” Indiana Jones IV that we all wanted.
L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments