FanFix December 28, 2023 1205
(Updated: February 02, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First of all, I want to say that this is my first review done on fanedit.org and that I don't speak English as my mother language.
To be more faithful, I watched the original film and this film at the same time to better understand the changes made.
I really enjoyed this edit and its gonna be my go to when i want to watch dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.. If i liked dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness before, with this edit it became one of my favorite mcu movies.
I will start first with the things i didnt enjoy in this edit.
Some parts of the edit have the sound really loud comparared to the rest of the movie, this is really a problem in the beggining of the movie because the audio in the deleted scene is comparabily higher to the movie logos.
The golden shimmer in the illuminati world in some scenes is really distracting and headache inducing.
The red eyes of Wanda in the close up shot was also kinda distracting.
For me the Wanda forest scene and the illuminati fight are some of the best scenes in the original movie so im really sad they were deleted in this edit.
The WandaVision scene its in really low quality compared to the rest of the movie
There are 4 edits that in my opinion are kinda jarring
Cristine asking Stephen if he is happy (She appears suddenly with her hand in Stephen Chest)
The post credit scene ( i think it should end in the close up shot of Thea saying unless are you afraid).
America Chavez puching the glasse ( Whoah) and suddenly the illuminati are talking to Wanda.
The iluminati introduction...
This last one was probaly the thing i dislike the most about the edit, everything before and including Reed Richards introduction is well edited, but professor Xavier introduction and him talking with Richards voice was really off puting. I think maybe having everthing the same until Reed Richards, include the scene where he says "hey Stephen", start talking about the incursion and the other Dr Strange ("Stephen your arrival scene") and at last the original professor Xavier arrival (i understand the objective was to cut "fanservice", but i think cuting the x men music and the close up shot of the characters would do the same objective without the need to introduce professor Xavier immediately after the others).
Now with the good things.
The deleted scene was flawesly introduced and i love the change of the video ratios.
I enjoyed a lot the addition of the diferente logos, really gave the vibe of various multiverses,
Most of the edits were very well made and i wouldnt even noticed them if i wasnt watching the movies side by side, i also liked most of the things removed, it made the movie more tight and with less mcu comedy.
The green universe was very well made and became really pretty.
It made Wanda less vilanous with the removel of scenes and the darkhold manipulation of her. It made her death in the movie much sadder and also made the movie more in line with her caracterization in WandaVision.
It made the book of Vishanti less of a macguffin with is influence perceived during all of the movie ( i really like the Vishanti in the comics so i really hated that the book was just there for the story to proceed)
The change of some shots made the scenes more emocional especially the scenes with Stephen and Christine)
The change to more dramatic music in some Wanda scenes was excellent.
And the best of all...
The addition of the animated scenes. They were prefectly added and made the movie much more impactfull. The worst thing about this movie was really the fact of the lack of multiverse madness, and i think the addition of the animated scenes (and with less effect the color grading to the universes) really helped scrath that itch. It also made the appearence of corrupt Strange ( he kinda just pops in the original movie) much better. His motivations are made clearer and it made him be more in line as the movie true bad guy ( For me the real villain of the story is the "personality" of Dr Strange itself making The 616 dr Strange achieve the status as a true hero compared to the others).
As i said before i really loved this edit and im just sad this movie hasnt gotten more deleted scenes because i would love to see what the movie would became if you had even more material to work with!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply February 10, 2024

Thank you so much, that was incredibly comprehensive and very helpful! It seems that what we were trying to achieve really came across; that Stephen's personality is what he really needed to overcome. I'm so glad you enjoyed and I appreciate the notes. The audio levels is something I need to check on for sure.

Q
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments